Saturday, December 4, 2010

Romeo + Juliet

Romeo + Juliet. I love EVERYTHING about it, to me it is a perfect play.
Not only do I love the play...but I absolutely love the movie directed by Baz Luhrmann. I was just going to name the things that I love about this movie and play, as I am watching it right now, but I don't think there is a single thing I don't love about it.
I love this scene. Juliet is so quick-minded and the costumes for this scene are incredible.


Also, since the first time I read this play, I have been in love with Mercutio and Michael Dawson (who I also love in Lost) is INCREDIBLE in
this movie.


Leo is exceptionally dreamy in this movie...



There is a version of Prince's "When Doves Cry" in this movie that actually made me like Prince

.


Can I just say that Baz Luhrmann is a visual genius?



This play also contains one of my favorite Shakespeare lines of all time...
"Go, girl, seek happy nights to happy days"







...almost too beautiful for words ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment