Friday, April 8, 2011

Old movies.

So, I seriously love, love, love old movies. Usually, I see them on Turner Classic Movie Channel completely in the middle of the movie, and I have no idea what is going on, but I can't stop watching. I love everything about them. I love how stylized they are. I love how the actors speak, so deliberately and deeply. I love how they are produced and made with such quality and care.
One of my favorites is Gone With The Wind. I absolutely love Scarlett O'Hara, even though she is a royal pain in the you-know-what. She is so determined, even though her determination is often self destructive and ruthless. I love her story and I love her independence.

Mostly, though, I love her dresses.

Vivien Leigh is so beautiful and talented!

This one is my favorite. Scarlett wears it on Christmas when Ashley comes home from war.




This is the dress she wears to the bar-be-que in the beginning. So pretty!!

Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era. Can you imagine wearing dresses like this everyday? I would probably actually hate it, but they are so feminine and gorgeous!!

So, this is what I am doing with my day. Watching Gone With The Wind in the office and doing some random homework. Tomorrow I go home for birthday celebrations and Elton John! I can not wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment