Monday, January 31, 2011

Day one...continued!

Hello again!

Sorry about the double post about the same thing today!
My morning started out well with the plain Americano and greek yogurt.
At lunch I had a salad with spinach, edamame, sunflower seeds, bamboo chutes, black olives and Italian dressing. I also had a small bowl of vegetarian chili, some brown rice (but not very much cuz it was all dry and icky) aaaaand a slice of cantaloupe and two slices of watermelon. It was really, really good but I was in a hurry and had to rush off to class instead of enjoy it and finish it.

After a class that made me really grumpy because the teacher was inexplicably really rude to me, I worked in the office for an hour and read some of On the Road for my American Novel class. By this time I was getting really hungry AKA really irritable, so that wasn't good. As I just started this yesterday, I have zero healthy snacks in my pantry and so I desperately ate like 1/2 cup of Quaker Oats Oatmeal Squares cereal with some skim milk. It made me feel EONS better. Then to get rid of the grumpiness I watched an episode of Gilmore Girls and was nicer =).

I am out tonight so I just made dinner at Jeff's house and we tried this recipe for healthy pasta carbonara. It was surprisingly delicious and filling. I kind of, sort of doubled it as I didn't think one chicken breast, 4 oz. of pasta, etc. would feed both Jeff and I. We ended up having leftovers, which is always really convenient! Good good good!
As I said in my first post about clean eating, I have a terrible sweet tooth so Jeff and I just split a small banana to satiate my sweet tooth =)

This concludes day one! I bought a BUNCH of fruit at the store today, so hopefully the rest of the week will be easier as far as snaking goes. Today was kind of rough with my grumpiness and insane hunger this afternoon, but I expect it to get easier every day I work at it.


Have a great night, everyone!
P.S. Mean linguistics teachers can kiss my clean eating little butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment